Tips and tricks
1. Use neutral colors. Neutral colors speak to a wide audience and leave room for the buyer to imagine themselves living in a home. If you have your mind set on using more pronounced colors, then accessories such as accent pillows or an eye catching painting are the way to go. It’s best to stick with one accent color or to use different shades within the same family, this ensures that unity within the home is maintained.
2. Let the natural light shine through. Natural lighting creates an open and spacious feel in any size room. It’s best to minimize the use of heavy drapery and other dark window treatments for staging.
3. Pay attention to the details. Make sure items such as door handles and baseboards are tightened and properly affixed. An organized house, a bouquet of fresh flowers, and a light fresh scent play a role in optimizing the first impression of a home.
4. Play up the unique points. Emphasize the unique characteristics of your home by letting them speak for themselves. Thus, minimize clutter, and the use of distracting accessories during decorating.
5. Bring the outside in and the inside out. A greater sense of unity can be formed by extending the living space of the home to the outside and vice versa. Decorate patios and balconies with similar materials, colors or styles as the interior of the house. By doing this you not only extend your living space, but further support the unity throughout your home.
Congratulations! If you’ve made it this far you’re well on your way to selling your home.