Is your home currently for sale? Or do you have plans to sell your home in the near future? Then you should be considering home staging!
With a few good tips, and tricks of the trade, you can stage your own home!
Home staging should give potential buyers a good impression about how a particular room or house could look and feel. And this is what home staging is all about, not simply filling an empty space, but presenting an inviting atmosphere.
When staging your home you should (if you can) start off with a clean palette: empty walls, no carpeting, and of course no furniture or accessories. This bare beginning gives your imagination room to think about how you can inspire potential buyers. By taking the time to think through the use of color, materials, and the placement of furniture you can create a sense of unity throughout your entire home.
Tips and tricks
1. Use neutral colors. Neutral colors speak to a wide audience and leave room for the buyer to imagine themselves living in a home. If you have your mind set on using more pronounced colors, then accessories such as accent pillows or an eye catching painting are the way to go. It’s best to stick with one accent color or to use different shades within the same family, this ensures that unity within the home is maintained.
2. Let the natural light shine through. Natural lighting creates an open and spacious feel in any size room. It’s best to minimize the use of heavy drapery and other dark window treatments for staging.
3. Pay attention to the details. Make sure items such as door handles and baseboards are tightened and properly affixed. An organized house, a bouquet of fresh flowers, and a light fresh scent play a role in optimizing the first impression of a home.
4. Play up the unique points. Emphasize the unique characteristics of your home by letting them speak for themselves. Thus, minimize clutter, and the use of distracting accessories during decorating.
5. Bring the outside in and the inside out. A greater sense of unity can be formed by extending the living space of the home to the outside and vice versa. Decorate patios and balconies with similar materials, colors or styles as the interior of the house. By doing this you not only extend your living space, but further support the unity throughout your home.
Congratulations! If you’ve made it this far you’re well on your way to selling your home.
A good internet presentation
So, you’ve successfully staged your home, now what? These days most buyers head to the internet first when looking for a new home. Make sure that you give your home an unforgettable online presentation! Spark the curiosity of potential buyers by using high quality 3D films and photos. And make sure that the description of your home accurately reflects its new and improved atmosphere!
Leave it to the professionals?
Need a little help getting started? Then check out the portfolio section of our website to see some examples of our home staging projects. Or do you prefer to let the professionals take the lead? Whether you’re looking for a complete or partial staging, we provide furniture, accessories and staging methods that are designed to accelerate the sale of your home! Contact us today for a quote.